We all love a traditional English Breakfast – so why not combine it and create an English Breakfast burger which you can enjoy morning or night! This is an essential recipe for all the brekkie lovers out there who have bacon cravings late at night..
WHAT YOU WILL NEED (FOR ONE BURGER) –
1 lean beef burger
1 free range egg
2 bacon rashers
1 tomato cut into 1cm thick slices
20g HP sauce
1 brioche buns
1 iceberg lettuce leaf
HOW TO MAKE –
1. Cook the beef burgers according to pack instructions. Remember to rest the meat after cooking.
2. To cook the fried egg, place a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add enough oil to form a thin layer on the bottom of the pan. Once hot, crack the egg into the pan. Cook until the yolk has just set, then remove from the pan.
3. Grill the bacon until cooked, but not fully crispy.
4. Place four slices of the tomato into a hot griddle pan and allow to char for a few minutes, then take out of the pan and remove the skin.
5. Mix the HP sauce and mayonnaise together.
6. Lightly toast the brioche buns, cut side up, under the grill.
7. Place the bottom half of the brioche bun onto a serving plate. First add some sauce, followed by the burger, two slices of cooked tomato, a slice of raw tomato, a lettuce leaf, two rashers of bacon and some more of the sauce, then finally top with the fried egg. Finish by topping with the other half of the brioche bun.
And there you have it! The perfect English Breakfast burger ready to enjoy any time of day!
Post your #zing Breakfast Burger on Instagram and show us what you create!