Korean Kimchi and Fried Chicken Burger
Aug 20 2019
international zing burger competition
The combination of Fried Chicken and Kimchi is sensational. Hope you enjoy the recipe!
Succulent, crispy fried chicken accompanied with a tangy, spicy authentic Kimchi and a creamy sriracha yogurt dressing. Mouth watering touch of heaven!
Ingredients (4 servings)
- Chicken thigh (or chicken breast) 800g
- Hamburger buns
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Curry powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Ginger powder
- Sesame Oil
- All-purpose flour 300g
- Cooking oil
- Kimchi 100g
How to make it?
- Trim the chicken pieces and marinate it with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the batter while waiting for the chicken is being marinated. Mix the flour, curry powder, garlic powder, ginger powder with water. Whisk until well combined. The consistency is quite thick!
- Pour the cooking oil into a non-stick pan. While the oil is getting to around 180 Celsius, put the chicken batter in the ‘flour-batter-flour’ order.
- Dump the well coated chicken into the boiling oil!! Fry around 15 minutes first. Fry twice to get the crispy skin!
- Make a sauce by mixing yogurt, mayonnaise and sriracha
- Chop the Kimchi and lightly squeeze the juice out.
- Add sesame oil and sugar to the Kimchi
- Spread the sauce on the buns, put some lettuce, chicken and finish with the Kimchi!
Vote NOW to Win 1 year of FREE Burgers!