And the winner is… Quinoa Veggie Burger!
Feb 05 2019
Explore the taste of South America with our new Quinoa Veggie Burger
Crunchy, veggie, savory, different, and healthy! Serve it with delicious sweet potatoes fries and you will have a full meal to enjoy without remorse.
What’s in our new burger?
- 1 cup vegetable broth (could use chicken broth if you don’t need burgers to be vegetarian)
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa, rinsed very well under running water
- 3/4 cup certified gluten-free old fashioned oats, processed into flour
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8oz mushrooms, processed until well chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Red Pepper Hummus
- 1 Tablespoon gluten-free Tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free worcestershire sauce (Try Lea & Perrins!)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Wholemeal buns
And… How do we make it?
- Add 1/2 cup dry quinoa under running water to 1 cup boiling vegetable broth. Cook until the quinoa is tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Process 3/4 cup certified gluten-free old fashioned oats in a food processor until you’ve got flour.
- Pour the oats into a big mixing bowl then add 8oz mushrooms to the food processor and pulse until they’re well chopped.
- Add the mushrooms and 2 chopped shallots to a large skillet with 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil over medium heat then saute until the vegetables are tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, and 3 minced garlic cloves then saute for 1 more minute, and then set the skillet aside to let the vegetables cool slightly.
- Once the mushrooms and quinoa are cool enough to handle, add ’em to the oatmeal bowl with 1 egg, 1 Tablespoon gluten-free tamari or soy sauce, 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce and spices including salt, pepper, chili powder and smoked paprika.
- Plus, 1/4 cup Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Mix everything up then form 4 patties out of the mixture and place them on a plastic wrap-lined patter or plate.
Pop the platter into the refrigerator to let the patties cool completely. Transfer the patties to a nonstick sprayed, foil lined baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for approx 30 minutes, flipping halfway through. Pop onto buns, then top with more hummus, fresh lettuce and tomatoes, and our veggie burger is ready!
Who said a burger couldn’t be healthy?
Please follow and like us: